PODCAST: The Beauty of Reinvention with Patchology
Beauty and science collide in a way never seen before in the launch story of Patchology.
Chris Hobson, CEO of Patchology skincare, joins Allan and Darcy this week to share how a massive shift from a science and medical mindset to a consumer mindset changed the trajectory of his company and how embracing skin care as self-care has expanded the beauty category. Learn how Patchology has adapted its marketing strategy to reach a younger market, creating a loyal customer base eager to share their love for the products.
Join us as we discuss:
- Consumer-driven changes in product development
- The launch of new products and the challenges faced by retailer reluctance
- The use of influencer marketing and select paid advertising
Listen to "The Beauty of Reinvention with Patchology Skincare" on Spreaker.
Chris Hobson shares the launch story of Patchology, a beauty company that started as a medical device focused on transdermal patch R&D. The company pivoted to the beauty category, leveraging its technology to deliver skincare ingredients effectively. The early growth of Patchology was driven by partnerships with retailers like Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom. The brand's success was fueled by consumer insights and a focus on developing products that resonated with its target audience.
Patchology's reputation was built through positive ratings and reviews, and the brand continues to strive for excellence by listening to consumers and developing products that meet their needs. Patchology's success lies in listening to the consumer, being agile and adaptable, and learning from failures. They rely on organic approaches and engage in paid advertising selectively.
The company has learned valuable lessons from product failures and has used consumer feedback to improve its offerings. Patchology is excited about upcoming innovations that bridge the gap between patches, masks, and traditional skincare.
- Patchology started as a medical device company focused on transdermal patch R&D before pivoting to the beauty category.
- The early growth of Patchology was driven by partnerships with high-end retailers like Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom.
- Consumer insights and feedback were crucial in developing products that resonated with the target audience.
- Positive ratings and reviews have been instrumental in building Patchology's reputation and credibility in the beauty industry.